Hello everyone. I'm Carole Songa from Limkokwing University in Malaysia. I'm currently perusing my internship at Advance Public Relations & Marketing Promax in Nairobi, Kenya.
I know, I'm so late here. Hope everyone is well...
I started my internship this week on Monday the 8th of December 2008 (Its a 9am - 5pm job) at Advance Public Relations & Marketing Promax. The consultancy is owned by a Dutch couple Rob & Nisha Van Hoek.
Advance Public Relations and Marketing (APR&M) is an Integrated Communication Company that specializes in providing Public Relations and Marketing services to various growing and established companies in Kenya, Uganda & Tanzania today.
The company started its operation in 1999 with a vision to provide superior and quality Public Relations and Marketing Consultancy services to various organizations.
Advance Public Relations & Marketing is affiliated to Promax International a leading Public Relations agency with offices in Europe, Middle East, Asia and Africa. Currently they handle all Promax clients in Kenya, Uganda & Tanzania. They offer quite a number of PR services to their clients well as organizations that hire them.
Tomorrow is a public holiday here in Kenya (YES!!!, I don't have to wake up @ 6am to be @ work by 9am)so I'll take time to write all about my wonderful experience and working in a PR consultancy in Kenya. I'm sure we'll have a lot of similarities as well as differences.
xoxo
Carole
2 comments:
Hi Carole! - I am sure I am not the only one who is looking forward to your insight into the PR industry in Kenya. Is is vibrant? have you got a PR association in Kenya? What are the job prospects like? I hope you are having a fantastic time in your placement, - and can't wait to hear more about your placement and the industry overall.
PS- please don't forget to label your posts
I think I managed to label my post... :)
Well, the PR Industry in Kenya is quite lively and exciting. There are also a lot of PR consultancies. I noticed that not a lot of large companies have their own Internal PR team and prefer to hire. That’s where we come in...
Advance Public Relations Promax handles as many as ten companies such as British Airways, Seven Seas Technologies and HP just to name a few with other companies relying on them to handle Event and Media Coordination and Publishing and Multi Media.
Events, my favorite. Well I missed a British Airways luncheon (oh nooo!) but hopefully we'll be organizing another one soon. Where I'm working, it gets pretty busy and I really appreciate the fact that the team is involving me in their activities despite the fact that I'm new to the, what can I call it, "working world". They take me to meetings and let me in on what is going on. I Thank God that I'm not a coffee and tea girl because God knows that if the coffee isn't instant, then it probably won't taste too good.
Post a Comment