Hi everyone,
I am going into my 3rd week of internship at Holiday Inn. Time really flies. the next thing i know is its my last day at work. Well, I am so far enjoying this journey. Experiencing things that I usually don’t in everyday lives :D
Throughout these 3 weeks, I have been writing quite a number of press releases for the 2 hotels. With Christmas, New Year, Chinese New Year, and Valentines all approaching one by one, the hotel has specially prepared various different sets of menus for this festive season. So, press releases are a must in times like these.
One of the things that im experiencing writing all these press releases for these 2 hotels is that it can sometimes be quite tough a job because of the creativity needed and the style of writing as well. Being here for many years already, my PR head experiences this herself and told me so at the beginning of my internship. Being able to understand it just by imagination and personally experiencing it is really two different feelings. I sometimes feel that my releases are quite dull because it's quite similar to the past releases that I wrote.
From Christmas Dinners, to New Year’s eve Buffet, to Chinese New Year’s set dinner and to Valentines Romantic western meal. And all of these have to be X2 because there are 2 hotels. I am by no means complaining about my tasks here but just sharing how tough it can be sometimes. Am in fact enjoying it because like I said in my previous post, this is as close as we can get from the real job in the real world so I appreciate this experience very much. And I can also now imagine my PR head, having to come up with new ideas from time to time for these 2 hotels over the years for various occasions. That is a tough job!
Anyways, something interesting to share today is I had a food tasting session at the hotel during lunchtime. With almost 20 dishes being served, I was bloated at the end of the meal. And because it is food tasting, those who were there for the session were all Directors and Heads of various departments. As much as I was so privileged and honoured to be having a meal together with all these VIPs (Head of PR, Director of Banquet, Director of Sales & Marketing, Executive Assistant Manager (EAM), Head of Human Resource, and a few more), I was TERRIFIED! I felt out of place and I thought “this is not the place I’m suppose to be at’!
It’s just like one of those events meant for the high class and as a lower class you just feel so wrong attending it. Despite of them being ordinary humans just like me, but they are people with power and authority in the organisation and that was what gave me that thought of ‘this is not for me’, ‘I am not suppose to be here!’. But of course im extremely thankful to my Head who included me in this session when she didn’t have to and of course to the rest of the VIPs who were really kind and humble. Well it was quite a daunting, but at the same time interesting and fun sessions with the heads and directors. I have another session tomorrow and I am still filled with thoughts of ‘this is a session meant for the heads and directors and not for me’. Nonetheless, It’s really an honour to be able to have a meal with the different directors and heads of different departments but then again, its abit scary. Haha..
Well that's all for now.
Regards.
No comments:
Post a Comment