Tuesday, January 20, 2009

done with internship

Dear all,

I've officially finished my internship last Wednesday. I'm glad yet sad at the same time. Glad because now i'm free to enjoy my remaining holidays, sad because i'm leaving the company which i've been working for the past 2 months.

I've learnt a lot from there. Before i left, i've actually spoken to my boss regarding my internship and evaluation. I'm glad that i was ranked among the better interns that she has hired so far.

Throughout the internship, i've came to realise my own strengths and weaknesses. I know i definitely will enjoy public relations work in future because i've develop a certain level of interest and love towards the job. Yet, there is still a lot more for me to improve.

I would say my main problem is my language, both written and spoken. I need to read, listen and speak a lot more from now onwards to improve my English. I've came to realise that being in this field, i need to have a strong language basic because PR seriously requires a lot of writings.

Like what my boss told me, as a PR person, we need to write for people like CEOs who have gone through a lot of things compared to us, and are much more senior. Even that, they will usually expect us to write something of high quality and impress them. Clients are hard to please. Therefore, to excel in this field is not easy. It needs a lot of dedication.

I seriously think the internship allows me to get the opportunity to experience the corporate life. I'm glad that with this company, i'm able to do a lot of practical things, including meeting clients and doing PR proposals etc. It gives me a lot of exposures that will definitely bring me good in the future.

For those who are still having internship, all the best. Grab the opportunities to learn. It's once in a lifetime chance.

No comments: