First Post since I joined FHKL
Hello everybody,
My name is Anna from LUCT Cyberjaya, I began my internship at Fleishman- Hillard since 1st of December 2008. However I have not been able to write an entry till today for many reasons, the first is that we officially finish work at 6 but no one has ever left at 6 since I joined, and 7 has been the earliest that I have ever left, the average time that I usually leave the office is at 8. It takes me over an hour to get home and I assure you, when I get home the computer screen is the last thing that I want to look at. So you can imagine how the rest goes, go to sleep before 12 and get 6 hours of sleep wake up at 6 something and get ready and be at work by 8:30am. From the first day I started work I knew writing these entries would be a challenge as I spend most of my time working at the office or resting on weekends to make up for the week. So I decided to write everything that I do in a notebook I take with me everywhere. I would actually like to continue this habit when I start work as it helps you with getting organized and knowing what you have done in a day and what you need to do the next day.

Even though it sounded like I complain about the work hours, I’m actually very proud to be working in the best PR agency in Malaysia and one of the top three in the world. If you need source for that please check out this link
http://www.theedgedaily.com/cms/content.jsp?id=com.tms.cms.article.Article_86191491-cb73c03a-53897400-8a49a429
During the first week I was assigned to the Tech and Digital team, at FHKL teams are divided in the office according to clients, for instance a mobile company (Motorola) falls under the tech team, while a medical company would fall under the health care team. Being on the tech team I was concerned that it is important for me to be tech savvy. I overcame my fear of being in the tech team by getting to know our clients better, what they demanded and what had FH delivered to them. Doing this gave me insight into the standard of the work that was expected from me.
The client we had to work with included; MAS (Malaysia Airlines), Motorola (Corp, H&M and EMB), Avaya and SAS. I was also assigned to the CSR team for Nike which was more of a one man show as it is still on a research and evaluation based platform.
Working on the Nike report gave me deep satisfaction, I was proud that they had actually trusted me to take on the responsibilities for this client. The work that I do for Nike involves in-depth research and monitoring of the local economic, environmental, manufacturing, social and political scene. Every two weeks I have to compile an intelligence report, in this report I have to place news clippings, summaries of what they are about and give suggestions and advice to Nike on opportunities that they could look into for future PR activities. Even though every time I do the report I’m in the office till late (very late) I actually enjoy it, especially since I got feedback from my boss that they found the reports very comprehensive and were pleased with the standard. In the near future I might be able to put in a sample of a small part of the report if my boss doesn't mind.
Ciao :)
No comments:
Post a Comment