Thursday, January 22, 2009

Getting into it

Wow, so lots has been going on at DEC since my last post. I keep meaning to post but then get distracted as usual.

So far though things are progressing with my Tidy Towns project. The backgrounder that I wrote up (mostly!) has been put online on the Keep Australia Beautiful WA website. I have completed a memorabilia media release and it has gone through all the approval processes and is now awaiting the launch day to pass so we can send it out. I have written a feature article for InterSector, an government internal magazine about the going-ons of staff and their initiatives as well as drawing up an abbreviated backgrounder.

Phew! and that's just the start!

The lady that has been helping me with this project has recently gone on leave and has left me with a few things to continue on with. One being to write the draft for the Ministerial Statement (how exciting and scary!). This is all very novel and adventurous for me, and I'm sure that if it wasn't Tidy Towns but a more, contentious issue I definitely would not be having such a large input to it.

Other news with that, I've now been able to sit in at two different 'board meetings' one with the divisional branch that I work for, and another with the Keep Australia Beautiful(KAB) team. Seeing as tidy towns is an initiative under the KAB umbrella they had an internal celebration of the 40th anniversary and I got to go along as photographer. Something of which I was informed of as I walked in the door to work. I quiet enjoy taking photos but I've never had to take any 'professionally' and what I have discovered is that no matter what you do, no one wants their photo taken and even if you take multiple someone will inevitably ruin it by looking the wrong way or blinking! My suggestion, take as many as you can! I only got three of the whole group (19ppl) and the first two were not so great, the third one was going to be my god send, until I realised that the tidy towns manager had her eyes closed in that photo!

Anyway, I'll sign off on this blog and write a new one with my other endeavours

Ciao

1 comment:

Matt said...

Hey Camilla,

It's great to hear you are working on such a fantastic initiative! It sounds like you are getting a lot of work!

I can relate to your photography session. I had to take some photos myself at a fare well breakfast. That wasn't really official and still no one liked getting their picture taken.

Hope your work continues to be exciting and you take a lot out of your placement!

Matt