Whew!
Krish here, from the Bentley Campus, fresh from my first day on prac at PPR.
It was pretty good! I met my supervisor Kate, who is very chatty and nice, and put me at ease straight away. Then I was taken on a tour of the building and met loads of people whose names I don't really remember (Luckily, they all have corporate photos, and the lovely admin officer sent them to me...something to take home and study). Then we went through my induction booklet, I signed a confidentiality agreement, and we were away!
The tasks I was given today were mainly adminy ones - compiling a media database for Landcorp (development, building, environmental and local publications), finding some information out about IKEA (we are pitching to them next week) and converting a spreadsheet to the national template (a very time consuming, frustrating job!).
My colleagues are extremely friendly and helpful - mostly younger women, which I expected. I am in the open plan section of the office, which is great as I can see and talk to a lot of people and beg for more work!
Kate had warned me before I started that this is traditionally a very quiet time for PR, especially in the present economic environment. I think I'm going to have to be extremely proactive in getting work, as everyone seems to be having a quiet period and doesn't have extra work they can give to me! The upside of this is that I can just spend time in PPR's fabulous training program (they have weekly long lunches where specialists visit and present to the practitioners), or just sitting in meetings, observing whats going on.
This Friday I will hopefully be going to Mandurah to an event organised by PPR - Ronald MacDonald House is donating $250,000 to the hospital for a relax room for parents. The Minister for Health, Kim Hames, will be there, so meeting him will be exciting!
Hope everyone is enjoying their experience!
See you soon,
Krish How
Bentley Campus
No comments:
Post a Comment