Hello everyone,
I hope every single one of you is enjoying his work placement and, has learnt more about the world of PR.
I have been working for my organisation for the last 2 weeks, counting 7 full working days. I am still discovering the org and really start to feel comfortable working here.
I work for EFFC (which is East Fremantle Football Club and, a WAFL club). The club is quite small and they don't have much fund. That is why they don't have their own PR department and, every staff is contributing to the compagny's public face. Everyone is really nice and, happy to help. However, they all have lot of work to do and, sometimes I feel I don't really know what people expect from me.
In 2006 they have done a promotional plan for the org and their match days functions. For 2009, they would like me to up-date this plan and, find attractive and creative entertainment for their home match days. To do so, I have been looking for AFL's entertainment and events.
I am enjoying the job but, I am not writing any media releases or dealing with direct public (other than staff who help me to build and make my PR plan).
Is anyone in the same situation? Working in PR but without a PR stream? How do you deal with it? Because I am not always sure I am right or following the right way. Anyway, this opportunity is for me to learn and, I am definitly learning.
I hope everyone a good continuation.
Agathe
1 comment:
PR as a term can be so broad, and ultimately I feel it is the way that the organisation interprets it that determines what kind of role that you have. PR is not just about writing media releases... it is so much more (that's my opinion anyway). Having the opportunity to participate in events is definitely a part of PR. I have a lot of experience in events, and somehow I have ended up with a placement that is again event related. But, it is on that day of the event that you have the opportunity to network and talk to a range of people and 'publics'. IF the event goes well, many opportunities may arise. My advice is to do your best in any task, no matter how small. My current 'paid' position began as a database administrator. I recently worked on a large exhibition coordinating everything. Now, the Chairman has offered a position with this international company. His exact words were “…You have a think about what you would like and let me know what we can offer you…”. Don't give up. Just try hard at everything you do and things will eventually happen. It’s been 15months since I started with this company
Post a Comment