Hi everyone,
I have started my work experience at East Fremantle Football club 2 weeks ago and, I have now been working there for 6 full day. The first few days were quite "hard" or, at least confusing.
The club has 7 official staff (otherwise they are mainly dealing with volunteers) but, none of them is specialised in PR. They all do pieces of work for their public relations but there isn't a PR department. That is why I have been a bit confused for the last few days since, I wasn't really sure what they wanted from me.
However, I have talked with the CEO and, in 2006 they managed to do a "Promotional Plan". My work is to up-date this plan and to come up with new creative ideas. Their main focus concern the promotions of their match (that will be held at East Fremantle oval). They want to attract as much people as they can. They want the community to be much more involved. And, they want to recruit much more junior players so they can become membership and, one day play for EFFC. They have an official website www.effc.com.au which is quite good. They also want to get more sponsors.
Do you have any advices or tips to make my job easiest?
Hope that your first few days went all right.
Agathe
1 comment:
Hi Agathe!
Sounds like you have a huge challenge.
An idea I had reading it was to involve the club with the local schools, maybe by getting the coaching staff or players to run some workshops with students? You can get contact lists of schools in the area from Dept. Education and Training, I have this number if it would help at all.
You could also create a family fun day, where family tickets for the football are perhaps discounted (not sure if you can do this), with face painting etc. The school visits might be a good opportunity to promote this, through talking with students and getting coverage in school newsletters and local newspapers.
There are also an active PCYC (youth group) in the Fremantle area. I do not know if they fall into South Freo or East Freo boundaries, but consulting with them on what would attract the youth might also be something?
And National Youth Week is March 28 - April 5... maybe you could run an event to coincide?
Wow... sorry to bombard you!! Hope it helps!! Maybe some extras ideas to get you thinking :)
Good luck with your placement!
Amanda :)
Post a Comment