Monday, February 2, 2009

Photo Shoot for Newsletter

The 'PR and Marketing Department' here in KLGCC are divided into three, I was placed into 'MARCOM and Events' considering that I've taken Journalism Units and other media units. Equipped with the theories and things I learnt from university, I apply it in writing and helping out with newsletter-making and other tasks assigned to me. As for now, I got to research for companies that can be our future or possible advertisers.

As I am new to this task of seeking for possible advertisers, I enriched myself by reading and referring to previous publication and other golf magazines that are correlated to KLGCC and its newsletter publication. For the calling part, it was not easy selling the newsletter's advertisement space to others. I learned to be more fluent in telling them where I call from; Kuala Lumpur Golf and Country Club. It got me a while, in precise few days, to get the name right. My supervisor and colleague gave me guidance in order to perform better.

Part of the tasks in completing the bi-monthly newsletter is to take pictures. This is to ensure that KLGCC's members get the update about the club's renovation etc. Before going for the photo shoot, my colleague, Vivien and I were briefed by the Maintainance Officer and equipped with safety headgear. Here are some of the pictures I snapped using my own camera.
Swimming Pool and the Gym.
Bowling Alley and other Halls.
Me at the construction site.

That's about it for the second post :)
I'll be back with more updates of what I do, experience and learn at KLGCC.
Bye!

Regards,
Foo Soo Huey (Fish)

No comments: