I just want to be honest with you all. I know at this point of time am not alone in this .I know the freak-out has officially begun. Many us are starting to get that throat-closing, and heads pounding of where we are heading to. But with me I believe am riding towards the deadline.
As we all know that life has no meaning without challenges. I just want to take this time and congratulate my self for the good things I did for myself. Interning was the most beautiful thing which ever happened to my life. Even though it was rough and lots of pit holes on achieving my goal of gaining experience in the world of public relations. At this point of time. I realized those hard times were a stepping stone in my life post university.
Now that my internship has ended, am glad I got over being an intern snob. Interning was the perfect transition to full fledged employee. Again it was incredibly rewarding. The placement can be described as a two months cushion to scope the reality of public relations and the answer to a difficulty equation of who you want to be after graduating. It gave me a vision to my strength and weakness.
The placement was a great first step in marketing my personal brand in public relations. Even though some people could argue that social media can help build a long-distance network, nothing beats genuine, face-to-face interaction. As an intern, my company allowed me to participate in numerous events where I was able to meet congressional members, other PR practitioners, journalists, and fellow social media fanatics. I’m not saying that this can’t happen in an entry-level position, but this helped me extend my job search.
I found out that holding a full-time internship is very different than popping into an office 2-4 days a week for a couple hours at a time. Because I was working every day for 9 hours (or sometimes 10), I got to see a lot of the behind-the-scenes grunt work that goes into public relations I learned more about company culture and morale –and from these things I learnt that they are two essential things any potential employee should consider before accepting a job offer. Since I was there all day, I got pulled into more meetings, worked on more projects, and got to know my colleagues better. All of these things helped me realize that I chose the right career.
Placement also helped to prepare myself for all this world crisis …so called world recession. I learnt that if this is a threat to the economy it also applies to student especially to those whore are graduating.but through internship it gave me confidence to gain maturity and responsbility.
I just want wish luck to those who are still interning and those who will do internship in the near future.and for those graduating this year just want to tell you all to be confident and walk you heads straight things will be fine .the deppression will end soon and guess what …there is nothing beautiful than busting our first salary…lol..below is the message that I wanted to share with you all.
“Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is far worse than the suffering itself, and no heart has ever suffered when it’s gone in search of its dreams.” - from The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho…..xoxo…..GRASHO
1 comment:
It's so true how much you learn at your internship. It puts all your curiosity and queries about public relations into perspective. And brings you one step closer to realising what you want to do and how it really is in the workforce. Freak-out is definitely the best way to describe how we are feeling about the first step in our careers; I know that’s how I'm feeling nearing the end of my Uni life. And how true that this is all really just stepping stones. It is just the lead-up and preparation to get us out into the real world.
Post a Comment