Hope that everyone still enjoys their placement and for the one who have just started I hope it isn't to hard to get familiar with your new environment.
I am quite exciting as I am half way through my work experience. Because I have to re-write the entire 2009 PR plan for East Fremantle Football club the first two weeks were a bit busy. I had to up-date every data and collect as much information as possible. Then, I have been reading a lot of books about PR and sport marketing to get it right. And, finally after two weeks of reading I can start the actual plan and start communicating with people. Because, football games begin this month they are all quite busy but, they know a PR plan is a necessity for the organization so I am sure they will help me as best as possible. Plus, I get to organize all their events which is quite exciting for me as I love event management. The biggest one is for the foundation day which is in June. I hope my help will bring many spectators and creative ideas. I am still looking into it so if anyone as any suggestions or advices I would be very happy.
Wish you all a good continuation with your work
Agathe
2 comments:
Sounds like you are thoroughly enjoying your time at East Freo Football Club.
Data entry can definately be a drain I've been doing a little of that too :)
But if you get to be involved in Events Management sounds like you will soon be doing new and exciting things!
Hope you continue to enjoy it!
Rachel
Hi Agathe,
I am glad you are having an exciting time:). I think most of us love event management aspect of PR out of all. I too love event management because I guess, of the rush and the satisfaction I feel after an event is successfully managed.
I am not sure how far this would work in where you are based. But I have a suggestion for your foundation day in June.
I too was on the organising committee of a big football event about four years back right before I started my degree. It was actually a fund-raising football (soccer match) which brought in a stadium full of spectators in Maldives and raised about USD 50,000. This maybe look like a small figure but it is a lot compared to the small population of 116,700 people in our capital Male'. The funds were raised for patients of a prevalent genetic disorder in Maldives.
Anyway, here's how it happened. We invited the national team of Maldives and created another team .. so the match was against the national team of Maldives versus great soccer players who did not actually make the national team.
Once this was finalised, the organising committee split into small teams of three and went to ALL the famous and prominant business companies and philanthropists and pitched our case. We offered them opportunities for sponsorship and we were very successful. We were able to get sponsorship for tickets, banners, jersies, cheerleaders costumes, food, prizes to give away... etc.
Then we decided to make the event even more interesting. We prolonged the usual 15 minute half time to 45 minutes and invited the affected (those we were raising funds for) to play in this time against under 16 national team. SO THERE WAS A 45 MINUTE MATCH IN BETWEEN THE BIG MATCH. The cheerleaders were girls from suffering from this disorder. This way, we managed to get the children, adults and thier families of this disorder to be directly involved in this event. We made it personal. This was our angle to promote it on our media. It wasn't just another fund raising match. It was an event with a difference.
On the day of the match, apart from sponsorships and ticket money, we even managed to raise more funds by auctioning the jersies, shoes of the players in the four teams.
We not only raised money, but we also gave an important message to the society that these children who are often considered "disabled" were given a chance to show that they too were able to do a lot of things, such as playing a strenous sport like soccer.
Like I said, I am not sure how far this idea would work, but if your Football club adopts this kind of approach to the big foundation day, I believe that it could be a big PR plan which could generate quite a number of funds as well as media and public attention. Maybe there is some issue worth raising funds for, such as an orphanage or something. Get the kids involved in the match as well and the event could be a big thing.
Tc for now:) Hope I gave you some idea.
Have fun and good luck with your internship.
Rgds,
Imaan
Post a Comment