It seems to have been ages since I have posted a blog. Since I have cut back to two days a week the second half of my internship has been going much longer, in both good and bad ways!
Other than a few larger assignments in which I will explain in more detail I have completed some more database entry and updating, website analysis and further developed my writing skills.
To begin with I was able to work on a letter which would be sent to certain stakeholders along with the most recent publication ‘Community InSight’. The letter simply accompanied the mail-out and further explained what was happening within the company. This was a great experience as I got to work alongside another work collegue, Kate, who was able to give me handy tips about the style of writing they prefer. This experience also involved learning and mastering the skill of mail-merge, in which I believe, was a success. Although definitely a little trying at timesJ.
Continuing from my analysis on opposing states puppy club I was asked to bring all my findings together into a ‘report’ in which the community relations team can use when taking further steps to develop the Puppy Club Online. This was quite easy as I placed all my documents together into a comprehensive report with similar designs. I was asked to include a brief for the new website & brochure design. This was something I have learnt about at uni and was able to apply to this real life scenario which was great!
My most recent tasks have included making cards for the Advance Privilege Breeders Card, a discount card sent to all Guide Dog Owners to help out with food. Once I completed all the cards with details from the database I then went about constructing a letter which would accompany the cards. Again, through work with other colleagues, I am able to develop my written skills and adjust my writing to the style Association for the Blind of WA like to use.
Soon the quarterly ‘Pup-Dates’ will be released. These are simply updates about our Puppies being raised in order to inform our stakeholders a little more about them and to build bonds as they grow and develop. Along with height and weight updates this round we wanted to include a personal piece about the individual puppies that the public may like to hear. I was given the task of calling or emailing the puppy raisers in order to gain this information. An interesting task, I was stuck many a time talking to the proud puppy raisers who were more than willing to share the stories they held! I was then able to work with part time graphic designer, Kyran, and dropping my restricted ‘two sentences’ into the publication.
Today is officially my 20th day, although I’m planning on staying a little longer in order to tie any projects up. I will discuss with my manager future work as I love the atmosphere and teaching environment the Association provides.
Rachel
No comments:
Post a Comment