Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Meeting the deadline

Hi Everyone,

The Corporate Affairs department at the CBH Group has been really busy over the last two weeks leading up to the Annual General Meeting.

Some of the projects I have been undertaking are:

I have experienced the stress of making deadlines!! Last Friday (27th March) I had to make a series of slide shows for the C.E.O farewell dinner. I was under the pump all day trying to gather as many photos as I could in such a short space of time. This was followed by editing each movie to make sure everything was perfect. The deadline was approaching and I hadn’t finished. I kept receiving new photos and movie footage that had to be included. Photoshop kept freezing but I kept pressing on. I got the four shows to the General Manager five minutes before the deadline. This stressful day has probably been the best learning experience that I have had during this placement period. When there is a strict deadline we don’t think, we just do.

I am also writing a communications plan for the role out of a Chaplain Service which is due to commence in May. I will not be here for the start of the program however; I think it will be successful if the right communication is put into place. I have found it a challenging task to promote such a service to staff due to the stereotypical ‘religious’ nature of a chaplain. But I believe it could be very effective to our staff and farmers throughout the wheatbelt.

I have been fortunate enough to have a go at writing a couple of media releases. One that has been picked up is a release about a new road leading into the Albany Port Terminal. It was hard to make a new road sound appealing but with some help I managed to mould it into a newsworthy piece. It was published in the Albany local paper.

I have been given the task of making managing a monthly newsletter called “Safety in Site” which aims to make staff and growers aware of the issues that affect our safety and well-being within the company. It has been good fun researching different topics that are relevant to the CBH Group and the rural community.

Well that’s a few things that have been keeping me busy. I hope everyone is enjoying their placements!

No comments: