Hi everyone,
I have just completed my fifth day of PR 393 with Leeuwin Estate head offices in Fremantle. I have begun my internship a fortnight before the annual and worldwide acclaimed Leeuwin Concert which is to coincide with the release of the new Art Series Chardonnay vintage. Needless to say the office has been very busy with the compilation of information/media kits for corporate clients and ensuring that all event passes, accommodation, transportation, event seating etc has been confirmed with all parties and delivery and notification has occurred.
I was fairly nervous on my first day but soon got over that, the people I work with are truly wonderful and are helpful and always willing to answer any of my questions although it is the busiest time of the year for them. Although they can be seen to be a ‘corporate’ organization they are family run and owned with the team being fairly small. I feel comfortable enough to approach them and ask for assistance or to ask about procedures that they use and am so glad that I am able to do my placement with them.
I have been doing a range of projects, from mailing out newsletters and wine lists to organizing and assisting with the design of booklets, minute-to-minute sheets, updating mail listings and the organizing and assisting with professional photography of some of their products to be used with press releases and published advertising– which was truly amazing!
I have always been interested in the world of wine making and the culture surrounding that. These few days have really brought to my attention the hard work and time that goes into the public relations and events management that is associated within this industry. I just wish that I had started my placement a month or so earlier so I could have seen more of what goes into the organization of such a large event.
This weekend is the concert in Margaret River which I’ll be helping out with so I’ll let you know how that goes and hopefully I’ll be able to do a few media releases in the following few weeks.
Cheers
Zoe Saunders
Curtin University-Bentley
(Written on March 4th 2009)
1 comment:
Hey Zoe, nice to meet you!
PR in wine industry sounds fun! I bet you have to learn and do research for the wine's ingredient, this and that in order to write press releases or if there is any question that will be ask by the guests during event, you could at least answer. This is such a great experience for you. Hope you doing well in the coming weeks at your placement and share more interesting experience with us!
Good luck!
Kyanne,
LUCT
Post a Comment