Anyway why was my week one a new experience, firstly it was my first time to actually sit behind a desk, in an office to actually do a real job. i reckon that was one experience i had never thought of in my life and if i had i just didnt know how good it can get until i actually went ahead and had the chance to do it. i just loved having my own desk and having a chance to actually make a difference in a company.
Another thing thats all new was the fact that, other than being a new student in the outside world, in my work area am the only PR practioner. Oh my goodness that was one scary thing. I dont have someone to check on me and ensure that everything i am doing is correct or is up to date am basically on my own. Well i have someone that i can ring up incase i need help with anything but she doesnt work in the building or rarely comes to the office unless need be. So am on my own. This is a very scary experience considering i am just new in the job market, in relation to actually doing an office job that requires my input as well. My work collegues are nice and all but because they deal with other areas i happen to be "my own boss" sort of so i do work in my pace, and the only time i get to consult them as such is when i want them to approve something before i send it out.
Its a good experience but it is just totally new. but i cant complain and i reckon with the remaining weeks i will get better and better at it.but it would also feel nice to have someone to remind me that i am a student and therefore help me out where i feel overwhelmed. I am not overwhelmed yet but just incase. but since there is no one am not complaining...I will live to tell the tale.
Miriam Gichomo
1 comment:
It's great that you’re enjoying your work placement.
I have the same scenario at my company, my job description is I'm their PR consultant, which is very scary when you have to make the decisions and your supposed to be the professional in that area. I felt the exact same way when I started but you'll find over your time there that it actually is a great way to get hands on experience instead of just watching on. You'll also see a big difference in how much more confident you'll feel towards the end of your internship.
Good luck with the rest of it
Post a Comment