Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Work Experience Completed!

Hey Everyone, it's me again Ian Soo from Curtin, Bentley.

My work experience at Mercedes Benz Malaysia is finally over. I can conclude that the whole one month was very enjoyable without a doubt. The experiences I encountered were very much what I expected before. I met many German interns in the company as well, mainly because it's a German company. Furthermore, I made many friends there who really gave me more experience in the field of Public Relations and also Marketing. My supervisor, Mr. Kelvin Cheah was very helpful throughout the one month.

Mr. Cheah improved my PR skills tremendously, being a professional himself, he made me realise that PR is such a significant segment of a company. I've gone through many press releases daily and I have a much better understanding in the PR world.

Apart from PR, I have also learnt how to work with people as a team for the organization. They included me in every decision they made despite the fact of my inexperience. I felt nervous at most times in meeting rooms with department heads as well as the General Managers.

I am thankful of this unit because of the opportunity given to me which is so priceless for my future. I wish everyone currently doing their internship all the best and enjoy it to the fullest.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Ian

2 comments:

J.o.o.z.e said...

wow Ian, seems like you had heaps of fun working there. I am also planning to work in an automotive industry especially a German manufacturer. How did you manage to land youself a job there?

iansoo said...

Hi Jooze,

Yes it was very enjoyable but at the beginning it was very tough being a MNC. I manged to get an internship there by just contacting them through email. They replied me after a week asking me to come in for an interview. But it wasn't as professional because it was just an internship and not a permanent job. I can give you the details of the people to contact if you are unable to find.

Cheers,

Ian