So I’ve now completed 20 days at my placement and have really enjoyed it. However I am going to stay on and do a few more days seeing as though there is quite a lot happening especially with the next issue of the magazine deadline approaching and also a co-worker is going on leave. I really came along at the right time for them because I have been able to pick up some of the slack as one girl comes back from leave and then another goes.
The last week has been quite interesting with a few different tasks. A television station came and did a news story last week, which was good watching the journalist and camera man at work and interact with the talent and then see the final story on the news that night and knowing which parts of the interview were used and which were omitted.
Also last week I attended a process mapping session for a new program that is in the implementation stage at the hospital. It was interesting from an issues management perspective and was completely different to anything else I have been involved with. I really am learning the important role PR plays in so many different parts of an organisation. We then also held a morning tea for the launch of the program and distributed patient information flyers and posters around the hospital.
That’s about all for now.
Emily
No comments:
Post a Comment