Thursday, April 30, 2009

My First Week

The week earlier, on November 30th, I had an interview with the human resource manager of Global TV, Mr. Febie. He had informed me that I could start my internship right away as I wished on December 1st 2008, for two months up to 1st February 2009.

After the interview, I was assigned in the media relation department. I was informed that I would be dealing a lot with press releases and more of public relation work. I was also told that I would be attending a lot of events in the two months of my internship.

My first week of internship was basically introduction of how everything works in the company. I was mainly doing minor tasks such as faxes and photo copies. This is also because there were a lot of other interns who were finishing their work and they handled all the other tasks.

As a media relation practitioner, obviously the work that we have to do revolves around the media. And one of the task is to make sure that we get enough coverage by the media. I was asked to cut out clippings from newspaper that cover our programs, whether advertisement or a review. I was asked to file them as proof that the newspapers have covered Global TV events and usually there will be a signed deal that a certain newspaper have to advertise Global TV programs, usually the news paper is Seputar Indonesia.

I noticed that the clipping that was done were mainly of a past event of Nickelodeon, Nick's Kids Choice Awards and of an upcoming event MTV Staying Alive.

Global TV is the sole rightful broadcaster for Nickelodeon's and MTV's programs in Indonesia. Thus, Global TV events were usually of Nickelodeon's and MTV based.

Other than that, I was asked to translate a press release for Nick's Kids Choice Awards from Indonesian to English, because the release has to be sent out to the Nickelodeon head qurter in Singapore. This was an advantage especially for me because I speak both language and it was relieving that I finally get some proper work in my first week, because it started to feel dull.

Basically, that is all that I done in my first week working in Global TV.



2 comments:

Lina said...

Hey U!

Your tasks during the first week of the placement sounds fun.. For now. :)

How does it feel to been given a task on doing the translations? Credits to u for that because unlike in my place, we hire few companies to do the translations for us.

Does Global TV has any other clients besides Nickelodeon and MTV?

Thanks for your time to reply me.

Cheers~!

keisha pasaman said...

hahahaha, that sounded fun? really??

well they do have other clients but their biggest clients are Nickelodeon and MTV. Other than that, they're Indonesians.

And also, Nick and MTV is basically what Global TV's famous for :)