Last Friday, an event had been organised for staff at Princess Margaret Hospital and was organised by a fellow PR393 student from my neighbouring office. I must say now she did a fantastic job with the event she was given to do on her own.
I don’t usually come in to the office on a Friday however this week there was a desk free so I thought I would come in and do an extra day. It turns out I didn’t spend much, if any of the day at the desk. The PR department at PMH is divided with 4 people in the PR department and 2 in the centenary office. As this was a centenary celebratory event it wasn’t on the agenda for the PR department, where I am doing my placement.
Fortunately I was able to lend a helping hand to the event co-ordinator on the day, all day. There was so much to be done in the morning in terms of setting up, finalising deliveries and the running of the event that we were literally running from one side of the hospital to the other. Of course there are always little inevitable hiccups on the day of an event, even with all the hours of preparation, so I was glad I was able to be involved and help the process run smoothly. It proved so true that a lot of time goes in to planning and hosting an event that may only go for 2 hours. It was definitely an enjoyable day and I am really happy that I got that little bit of event management experience as it’s not guaranteed I will have much more during my placement.
Emily
13379353
Bentley Campus
1 comment:
Hi Emily,
Your assistance at the Centenary Staff BBQ was fantastic.
Everything I forgot you would remind me about, and your help when things were going a bit crazy was appreciated.
Not only did Emily help with the event, but also the set up and pack away, she was also one of the 10 frantically cutting rolls 10 minutes to the event start.
My sincere thanks Em.
Fran
Post a Comment