Thursday, May 14, 2009

Final Meeting

Hello everyone?

I think most of you have now finished their placement and are starting to write the final report.
I have started mine some time ago and my main concern is about the section 'recommendations and rationale to the organization on its PR policies and practices'. At work, I have made a PR plan for the organization, EFFC, and might use most of it regarding issues and concerns. EFFC (east fremantle football club) main concern is that there is no proper PR department. They all contribute to PR work but everyone feels that a proper practitcioner is needed. I think most people now realise the importance of the organization's images and publics. They are ready to employ a PR practicioner. I have realised the amount of work a PR practicioner has to furnish. The field is wild and dealing with EVERY public can take so much time. In 20 working days I have felt the pressure and the organisation needed.

Last week I had a meeting with some employees of EFFC. They wanted me to make a presentation of my PR plan. It went well and they were happy with my work. I hope this will help the organization for its images and its relation with publics. I think that even if there is no PR departement, most of the employees know what they are doing. But, they don't have enough time to deal with their own work and PR work.

That's it for today!!
Have a great day and talk to you soon

Agathe

3 comments:

Chara said...

Hi Agathe,

Sounds like you have definitely had an interesting time working at FFC. I think one of the problems that many organisations have, is that they have the work for a public relations practitioner, but they just don’t have the finances to fund it! Also, as it is such a new profession, the role of a public relations practitioner is neither defined nor clear cut. When an organisation doesn’t have a specific PR role, many roles may have certain PR aspects to them. Well done on the PR plan. Let’s hope they take your ideas on board!

All the best,
Chara

iansoo said...

Hi Agathe,

I have to agree with you regarding the lack of a PR department in a firm. I interned at Mercedes - Benz Malaysia and they also do not have a PR department! However the PR related stuff are manged and monitored by two people in the marketing department. As I observed, they were very stress balancing their time between marketing related things and PR related things. In my opinion, hiring PR people to handle PR issues and activities is play an essential role for the success of a company. All the best!

Regards,

Ian

F.S.Huey said...

Hi Agathe,

It is true that organizations nowadays still do not have PR Department. The functions of PR are often carried out by other departments.
I had this confusion when I was working with Kuala Lumpur Golf & Country Club. The PR functions are carried out by 'PR & Marketing Department'. This department carries out both PR and Marketing related activities. The measurement of the effectiveness of PR communication is often blurred.
I am glad that you bring that up. Maybe your recommendation would be a PR department to established with clear division of roles and PR activities. I hope you have lots of fun.

Regards,
Soo Huey