Thursday, May 21, 2009

A Working Career at Mercedes - Benz Malaysia?

Hey everyone,


I forgot to mention in my previous post that Mercedes - Benz Malaysia informed me about working with them when I graduate at the end of this semester. I didn't know how to react because it was very sudden and unexpected. But deep down in me, I was over the moon. However, this message was conveyed to me by one of the senior staff there, and not the person who approved my internship, Ms. Elaine, the GM in charge of Marketing Communications. It was a very informal because it was done verbally on the last day of my internship. However, I am still unsure if they are willing to hire me amid this economic downturn. It has put so many people jobless today, and I am uncertain if they are willing to offer me a place as a permanent employee when I graduate.

Besides that, my last day of internship which was a Friday, a few people from the sales and marketing department arranged a farewell surprise for me at a restaurant near the office. I was really grateful due to their kind and thoughtful gestures. To be honest, it was a really sad experience leaving the office despite the fact I was there for only a month. That's because I had such an amazing experience in a really big company with a reputation which synonyms to excellence.

I hope the most of you really enjoyed your internship, and maybe the company has offered you to work for them when you graduate. All the best and good luck!


Cheers,

Ian (Bentley Campus)

3 comments:

Katharina Wolf said...

Hi Ian,

once again, congratulations on a fantastic internship. I remember talking to you about the job offer very early in the semester. Have you been in touch with Mercedes-Benz over the past weeks and months? I fully agree, it's a challenging time right now, particularly for graduates, however, it appears as if a number of organisations are using the GFC as an opportunity to build a strong, hard working and committed team in order to be able to hit the ground running when things start picking up. Either way, I recommend you stay in touch. Even if they may not have something for you right now, that can change very quickly. ...and at the very least you know you have someone lined up who will be happy to provide you with a glowing reference. Good luck with everything!

Katharina

Ritchie said...

Hi Ian,

Yeah as Katharina is saying, if they don't have something to offer you now, maybe later they will as the economic crisis will not go for an eternity. Furthermore, it seems that your colleagues did appreciate you very much for organising a farewell party for you and that's nice from them. Hope that I will get one when my extension ends in June.

However I did sincerely hope that you can employed at the company as it is a prestigious one and is a challenging one.

Cheers

Ritchie

Anonymous said...

Hey Ian,

It is really nice to see that you achieved such a great opportunity. Congratulations! It was nice to see them have a farewell dinner for you as my company did for me as well. It really makes you feel appreciated at the company. As Katharina mentioned, it is a very competitive world out there and to see you having a reserve spot at the company in the future is really great news. I would too be over the moon if I were in your shoes. Mercedes-Benz is a well known multinational organisation. Until then, good luck with your degree and congratulations once again!