Saturday, August 29, 2009

Start of placement...

Hello all,

I started my placement last week, so far it has been really productive. I am at the department of education and training. There are so many more media releases than what I remember would be involved. Means that I am getting a really good understanding of how to hook a journalist into a story.

There is so much that I am learning! All of the skills that we have been learning in theory are now coming to life. I have been able to write a media release and send it out in one day. Also, taking notes in meetings is really important. There is so much asid, and even the smallest comment can be imperitive to the final outcome of the campaign. I was really lucky that I took notes to keep up and they were really useful!

I also found out what pens and ink is. Friday night drinks in the office. Was quite the different experience, this is when all the bosses come out to play. And everyone knocked off work at about 4 on Friday which was a bit of a shock, fun never the less.

Cheers
Bec

No comments: