Thursday, August 13, 2009

Malay language important too in wiritngs

Hello Everyone!
I’ll be interning (part-time) with Miri City Council (MCC) till the 18th September 2009. Hopefully it will end by that time, I need to move on with my report.
This is my second post of the week.
As I realised, MCC especially the Public Relations department, is not as busy or as pressurising environment as I expected and heard from others experiences. I learned that every organization has its own way of handling pressure. Since MCC is one of the government’s agencies, there are of course many pressures from the public of Miri City. There are countless requests and complaints every single day. Along with the MCC’s vision in achieving to provide the very best on improving the development of Miri City. I like the calm environment, but however, if next time I ever work at the other companies (non- government), I might be in a more busy and stressful environment. It’s the best to expect the worst.
For this week, my latest achievement and task is by helping my supervisor in writing letters of replies for the Mayor Lawrence. I must write the letters not only English but Malay. It’s hard for me at first as I don’t really use Malay in writings ever since I enter Curtin for 5 years! I need to polish my Malay writings soon. The lesson is not to assume that every organization uses only English especially in writings, especially with the government agency. I wish I can include the letters I have written for the mayor in my report, but I cant since its the government’s policy. It is impressive letters I might add! It’s a big deal for me, because I don’t prefer writing anything formal. =)
Be right back soon!
Comments please! =)
All the best for all of us doing internship!
Dont worry, take it as learning experiences and field placement is a good bonus for resume ;)

No comments: