Thursday, October 15, 2009

8th October

8th October

It’s the week after the U14 championships. It was a pretty hectic week with 14 hours days. I had to update the daily newsletter, send score sheets to teams, most of these tasks were routine and required me to be there for the entire tournament. You could never keep up with work that week. The minute you finished things new stuff would come in and keeping ahead easily changed to falling far behind… some nights we stayed to 10:00pm sorting out the daily newsletter for the next day.

This week everything pretty much settled down to when I first arrived there and now that’s hardly anything to do and I find myself clocking off at 1:30 on Monday so hence its probably my last few days there all I need to do is document and go through a few things for this unit. Hopefully I’ll be covered for petrol cost during the time I’ve been there.

When I was looking at the assignment for the first time I was that there was a big task ahead of me, finding out about the actual organisation I was working for their mission, core values, analysis of the industry all of which requires extensive research.

Even though my time at basketball WA is ending and I’ve learned so much I still feel like I’m still missing out on something important with my work experience such as making new contacts or getting a recommendation. I don’t want to end my work experience without having something to follow on. So currently I am going to try and find another outlet and hopefully from my experience gained at Basketball WA I’ll be able to score an interview.

No comments: