Hello everyone. Izni again. So, I had gone through the first half which are the first three weeks of my intership out of my total 6 weeks at Alpha Platform PR. During the period, I had the chance to get to know more about the clients. I can't reveal our clients here as it is quite P&C but I will put it in my report only for the eyes of the report examiner.(Sorry for that people!) However, our clients are mostly ranging from government departments, banks & corporate multinational (M&C) companies. As quoted from our managing director in a magazine interview, "We only serves the Big Fish in order to put our agency at the top in terms of revenue making & good reputation of clientale backgrounds."
Our projects ranges from handling PR campaigns to launch special economic zones in the country, how to attract investors and assure shareholders and other involving key publics with the right information and key messages besides launching press conferences and conducting media tours to project sites. We have to make sure that everything goes well and we can't afford mistakes when dealing with media and investors as they are the ones that determine whether good publicity and financial deals are able to be secured or not for our client's projects.
I felt very honoured when my senior consultant which are handling the big client had asked me to join in their meeting for brainstorming ideas to come up with the next communications plan for the client as she knew that I had done crisis communications campaign as part of my assignments while studying PR. I was very excited for the meeting but I was surprised to see that the other colleagues really hated meetings and always wished that meetings to end as early as possible. I wonder if I will be the same down the road when I am a real practitioner and all I do is go to meetings?What do you think? LOL
That's all for now..TTYS.
3 comments:
Hi Izni, it sounds like you are having so much fun with your placement.
Just from reading your post, I can already told there are so much differents to work in a non-for-profit organisation and a commercial company.
Doing PR in a big corporate like your organisation, is it difficult to maintain a good relationship with the client? As most of the clients are high profile and could be very criticized.
In regards to your question about how did I overcome with the zero knowledge on the task I need to complete. Luckily, most of the people in my organisation have knowledge on churches and Christian organisation. Also, my supervisor gave me lots of hints on which one to research, so I ended up getting something done and my supervisor are happy about it. I think I still have to work more on it but just not yet, maybe wait till I get more information from my supervisor.
Regards
Kath
Hello, Kath
Yes, it is quite difficult to maintain a good relationship with the client because as you said, most of the clients are high profile such as the Government and really big MNC. Therefore, we have to make sure that we truly understand the client's in and out such as their vision, mission, key publicsetc. before seeking to come up with a suitable PR plan according to the client's needs.
Thank your for anwering my enquiries regarding your post too. All the best to you too;)
Hello, Kath
Yes, it is quite difficult to maintain a good relationship with the client because as you said, most of the clients are high profile such as the Government and really big MNC. Therefore, we have to make sure that we truly understand the client's in and out such as their vision, mission, key publicsetc. before seeking to come up with a suitable PR plan according to the client's needs.
Thank your for anwering my enquiries regarding your post too. All the best to you too;)
Post a Comment