On the day I helped set up the event, which gave me another opportunity to get a behind the scenes look at the glamours world of event management. Firstly we had to set up the registration table and name badges before we set up the banners and flyers in the event room.
The previous week we had secured advertising and promotional material for the show bags which all had to be packed into the bags on the day. We spent almost two hours packing show bags and ran right till the last moment getting them all together. The room we where packing them in was being set up for another event which added to the pressure of getting them done in time.
It feels like only last week I began my placement. I have learnt so much about working in events and PR and Marketing in general. The girls at LunchBox have all come from different career background, which makes them such a great team to be around.
I recommend that anyone who has an opportunity to attend a LunchBox event take it because there is so much you can gain from the LunchBox experience.
1 comment:
Hi Janelle,
Your placement sounds very interesting. It look likes your first event has been a great success. I'm doing my placement in University of Melbourne and I'am involved in many events. I perfectly understand what is the pressure of running an event from the preparation to the event itself. The preparation step is long and stressing but finally when the day of the event comes you can see all your work together and it is like a dream. Indeed, when an event happens and I that I'am part of the responsible team of this event, I feel like I could not be somewhere else as more the event is closed to the day less I sleep more I think about it like it was the only purpose of my life. I know it could seem to be over the top but it is exactly the way I feel in regards to event management. I hope you already felt the same way or you will because it is very meaningful. I know now that I will always be working in an sector involving events. Who knows I may be involved in a Lunchbox event one day.
Good luck for the pursuit of your placement and keep informing us about the different events you can work for.
Post a Comment