As I always heard in class of what our lecturer said, “Please read newspaper every day, it is important for Public Relation student.” How true it is? Now I totally understand how important it is for a Public Relations practitioner to read newspaper. In class, PR students read newspaper to know what going on and happening around the world. Any crisis happened? How is the company reacting to the crisis. It is always good to understand and analyze how a company react the crisis because we get to know what the tactic of the company was used to solve the problem. Now, as I started my internship in S&A PR agency, I understand that reading newspaper is a must! We have to check whether the event that we organized is coming out in the magazines, newspaper and in television. We have to see how much is the media coverage of the event of our company organizes. Customer paid for it therefore we have to responsibility to try our very best to try and fight for them coverage of media. Of course, when we monitor the media, we would get to know what is happening around us but now I understand that the most important is trying and look for the media coverage of our clients. The first and for most thing we need to do every day when we reach office is to take a newspaper and read. We do not only read one newspaper but we read all the newspapers that we targeted for our media coverage. Also, we read all the magazines that we targeted as well. I have worked for three weeks in S&A PR, now I already familiar with all the newspapers and magazines that we have in Malaysia whereas compare to the past, I only know a few magazine because I seldom read those which I am not interested in. Amazingly now, I read almost all the magazines and I get to understand and know more about the magazines that I do not familiar. I find it important as well because once you understand what is the content of the magazine is then next time you would know which is the suitable magazine to be targeted for your next event.
So, what are you going to do when the event of your company in charge is coming out? Needless to say, you have to do press clippings. For me I think press clippings are the result of your hard work because what a client wants at the end is to get coverage and increase their sales, therefore it is important to let them know whether their event is coming out or not. Normally after a event, we will do press clippings and compile it and we will sent it to our clients at the end of the month. The client needs to be informed what is coming out. SO far, I have done quite a numbers of media clippings and I got to know more about our clients. Alright, sign off here.
To be continue…
No comments:
Post a Comment