Sunday, January 24, 2010

Cinthia_Singapore(1) An overview of my Intership

Hi everyone,

I am currently doing my internship at Ruder Finn Asia, I'm into my second week. So far, I'm enjoying my placement. Though it's only the second week, I have got the chance to see quite a bit. Not exactly some major events or launches but more so on the things I have learned that can be put into use. For example, doing Media monitoring every morning to ensure that we clip news that are related to the clients, meeting up with clients, updating Media contract list, preparing Factsheet, writing media blurb and calling the media. These are some of the things we are taught in schools but when you are actually doing them, it is really the effort and time you put in to do them well. I wouldn't say that I have already know everything as we are still learning every day. Nevertheless, the help and guidance rendered by my supervisor is much appreciated.

I shall update you guys more info in the upcoming weeks and hope all of you out there are also enjoying your internship!!

Regards,
Cinthia

3 comments:

sook wei said...

hi cinthia,

I guess we don't necessarily have to follow through a big event to say we have experienced it all.

Starting from the basics helps us understand the fundamentals of PR.

Glad to know you are having an enjoyable time! :))

All the best to your next 2 weeks!

regards,
sook wei
curtin singapore

Yiwen said...

Hello Cinthia,

I do agree that doing PR in reality is so different as compared to learning in school.

Hope you'll continue to learn and have a good time there!

Do continue to update us :)

Regards,
Yiwen
Curtin Singapore

Adamu Musa said...

wow that is great that you got the nice supervisor in my own here in Malaysia case my supervisor is always torturing me with different types of work, but any why she is making me more strong, get ready to read my post very soon take care and have a great time over there.

regards
Adam musa from cyber jaya campus Malaysia.