This department is very small and everyone pretty much works closely and tasks are shared across.
I was given all the trust from day one, from doing the daily news paper reviews on articles about Limkokwing University to attending a tour around the campus with delegates from Jordan which at the end of the day, I used the experience to put together a news article for the University website.
My second day was not half bad as well, the only challenge was that it was my first ever attendance of a book launch. The President of Limkokwing was launching his 3rd Edition of The Innovation Book. Our department was responsible for all media present, from taking care of the guest list, seating arrangement to providing them with media kits and refreshments.
What made all go so well was the preparations done prior to the event, which included invitations to publications which Limkokwing already has a relationship with and others. I realized that the language used during these invites by my co-workers was particularly professional yet vibrant.
My system is still getting used to the information it feeds on from emails from my superiors every morning regarding, up coming events, new media lists and so forth.
I am currently completing an article about an on going Korean Summer Camp on campus, very interesting, because the article will only be done in a month when the camp is done, so i have to keep tabs with whatever daily activities they do till their departure! I have interviewed participants and university ambassadors.
Before i finish of, it has come to my attention that as an intern, one has no specific job description as they have to learn all that goes about the department, so i have found myself doing a little bit of everything. And in Limkokwing University, they have a film & photography team as well as a marketing department that works hand in hand with the Pr department.
Anyhow... it has been an amazing experience so far and i know there is still much more to come.
5 comments:
Well,you have to understand that Public Relations works with other departments as you have already mentioned. Any successful PR effort depends on coordination with other departments within your organization, with staff in your company, and with its departments outside your company.
Although you might be doing a little; you can try to offer yourself to do more as a way of showing spirit of enthusiasm as an intern. As long as everyone within your organization understand its priorities and mission it is ok because you reflect to the same agenda. But don't worry, the little you get embrace it and just try to observe what you can recommend to your project.
Keep going and be of good courage.
Linchwe
I agree, as an intern you are never just given one thing to do,or just being entitled as the 'editor' for example.
you work with all departments and roles to know how everything works.Also it gives you a chance to show how well you can work and how creative you can be, by throwing in ideas or suggestions.
I literally work with every senior Pr practitioner, graphic designer and the marketing department. Everyone throws something at me to do, but we work together to achieve one mission,as tefo says.
So I say do anything and everything,fuel your ideas from what you've learned and what your currently learning and put it to practice.
good luck dear
Thank you so much for your encouragement Tefo and Tumi.
I appreciate a lot.
I wish you all the best as well... and I enjoy reading your experiences and opinions so lets keep them flowing!!
Love you guys!
Hi guys...
To start with I just want to take this time To thank you once again for working together as a group for our pr 350 project last semester ....now its time to apply thz tactics and strategies in2 practice...nd thanks to my pr 102 textbook and the notes from each of you guys presentation..
Well,as an intern as,tumi said,you work with all the department,even to an extend of doing stupidest job like answering the calls,following other staff around when they attend some events,talks or roadshows.
I worked with journalists,graphic designer,the editor,advertisers,to some point I thought I was losing track then I realised that as an intern you are not appointed a specific tittle or role to do....What matters is to observe what is being done in a working environment and put it into practice
My last work is just stay focused,and apply whatever we have being doing in our project and you will be cool.
Good bless you as you shine and represnt us in your organisation
Esther Amogelang(LUCT)
I agree, as an intern you are never just given one thing to do,or just being entitled as the 'editor' for example.
you work with all departments and roles to know how everything works.Also it gives you a chance to show how well you can work and how creative you can be, by throwing in ideas or suggestions.
I literally work with every senior Pr practitioner, graphic designer and the marketing department. Everyone throws something at me to do, but we work together to achieve one mission,as tefo says.
So I say do anything and everything,fuel your ideas from what you've learned and what your currently learning and put it to practice.
good luck dear
Post a Comment