Pr practice
Good day. I have always wondered if I would be able to work when I complete my studies, but I have come to notice that what I have learnt in school is exactly what you put in practice in the industry. What I do in the office gets me back to what I used to do in Pr 200.Pr 250 and others, Most of all not forgetting the team work, working together as a team leads to good productivity in the industry.
Internal communication is the major thing in the industry everything the organization wants to do is communicated internally first such as campaigns and events. During the four weeks I have spent here it has been fun nothing seemed anonymous to me, all that came my way was familiar to me. I remember in Pr 200 where we used to write newsletter’s, I have now come to do a similar thing, although they do not call it a newsletters but instead a weekly notice, this comes out every week and circulated internally, The Notice keeps Botswana Railways staff and the public at lager of new developments and announcements at Botswana Railways. . For instance new hired employees are included in the weekly notice to aware the staff about it. With my first draft of the weekly notice, I tried my level best to come up with the best copy and submit it to my boss to correct it before I print the final copy .I had a few mistakes there and there but I was patient enough and it only took me three days to finish it.
These week my organization is concerned about issues that have called upon the idea of a campaign in the public relations office, like I have already mentioned my company transport goods by train and we are concerned about victims of suicide who use the train as the cause of their death, not only that some people fail to calculate the distance of the train leading to loss of life’s. I am currently working in organizing a campaign that would sensitize the community on the issue concerned.
Good people a lot is yet to come about this campaign
Thato
LUCT
1 comment:
Hi Thato
I'm glad that you are doing well on your internship, believing that you are exploring all great paths of Public Relations.
Your organization seems to be more interesting and vibrant. Enjoy your time.
Tefo
Post a Comment