Well,Hi and my name is Esther Amogelang,hope all of you remember me from last year. I.am currently doing my pr 393 intenship.The company that am dealing with is -The Voice Newspaper Botswana.To start with,my first day to report to work was a disaster-04/01/2010,first I woke up late,then I get lost on my way to work then was the work environment itself.I feel like a complete stranger,i mean my boss was a charming person,welcomed me with good hand and then introduced me to other stuff who treated me like a stranger,and i was like,is this Public Relations...damn,i hate it then........
For the guys,"wow"""....what can one expect,they treated me so,so nice and as for the ladies,no comment....But you know what ?I am a PR student,final year for that matter,i introduced myself, because I know what i want i demand to be given some work to do.For the first day since everyone was tired from festive,the was nothing much to do,I just submitted my appraisal form and then they created an email i will be using at work.Because I wanted to know a bit about the company I asked for a pamplet which has the company;background,and I did a research about the vision,mission,goals and values.I contacted the company websites to read on the events they have been hosting.
My first task was to call every police station in Botswana and speak to the station commander and ask about the crime statistics in that particular area for the festive season,compile a report and then write an article about it.This was to show how well I communicate with people,professionally as compared to my class-mates since I was in a working environment....Then I come to realize that theory and practical are different perspectives.In theory you just write and research about the world of Public Relations but when it comes to practical you apply those theories into practice.Well form day 2 onwards things get back to control because it now fee interesting.......wow.........Now almost everyone want to give me a piece of work,attend and cover some events,attend conferences.et.c
2 comments:
Hi Esther, great that your first time was perfect. However, just to remind you, be professional on your writing since it is very vital and its a requirement on your module outline.
Also, you have used some commas which are many between your sentences and at the end of sentences. Your other use of words are inappropriate in PR writing.
Try to edit that and write professionally, know where to put a comma instead of a full stop.
But i am happy you are being exposed to the industry and you are learning a lot. Enjoy your internship.
Cheers.
Linchwe
Hi esther
Glad you have settled in well at your workplace. I believe you work at one of the most interesting places to be at.
The voice newspaper is Botswana's most controversial paper that crosses a lot of boundaries.I truly envy the experience your exposed to.
As spontaneous and outspoken as you are I'm sure your doing a great job, contributing creatively.
Goodluck!
-tumelo tafila-
Post a Comment