Hey Everyone,
Well I have never rely had a blog before so this is very new to me but they say every journey begins with one step. Well we all know how we have all heard stories from friends and family members about how their internship experiences were such horrific moments of their lives; well mine was nothing close to grabbing coffee for the boss and photocopying tones of paper.
I did not know what to expect on my first day but it turned out much better than I thought. Well I started just in time for the Haiti concert Hosted by Limkokwing University Cyberjaya and was so proud of being a part of helping out in inviting the media to come and attend the concert. Actually on my first day I practised how what I had been taught in my public relations classes.
Working for the Media Relations and Public relations department in the school where I study is something that most would tend to take lightly.
I did not know what to expect on my first day but it turned out much better than I thought. Well I started just in time for the Haiti concert Hosted by Limkokwing University Cyberjaya and was so proud of being a part of helping out in something that the whole world knew about and for those who were and are still able to do something to put a smile on the face of People who lost everything in their entire lives was something that am proud to do.
Actually on my first day I practised how what I had been taught in my public relations classes, inviting the media to come an attended the concert, making a press kit for them were assignments that I had certainly done in one of my Pr modules only this time it was not pretend it was a reality.
Working for the Media Relations and Public relations department in the school where I study is something that most would tend to take lightly but for me I think it’s a great opportunity for me to give my ideas and suggestions that my own university can do to improve the way they do things in the field of public relations and what better way can this be done than the client or in the case like this one public relations getting first hand suggestions from one of its external keep public’s which has been me for more than two years.
So are interning stories rumors or in actual fact experienced stories by real people who have encountered issues. i would love to hear about anyone's experience both positive and negative.
1 comment:
Well, I always thought that whatever I did during my internship was very little compared to what I am capable of. It was very easy for me and after a while, it got boring.
I had high expectations and it fell flat. My point is, there is every possibility that things turn out contrary to what you expected it to be. My internship in India was very easy for me and it didn't take much to find a system. No one took advantage of the intern etc...
Whereas my friend who was doing her internship in Malaysia at the same time was drained. Her boss was every thing you were told about ("intern superstitions") and more. She had to deal with getting the coffee to organizing an event etc...
I think it is best to have an open mind devoid of any expectations on the first day. This might help accept what ever is conferred on you, because from what I learned that's real life. It does not come with preset parameters to count on. Regardless of what happens what matters is what you've learned.
It seems like you have been a part of some pretty life changing moments (literally for the people of Haiti) in your internship. These are what makes what we do worthwhile. I wish you all the best =)
-Niran Vikctor ;-)
Post a Comment