My placement experience at the Global Good Foundation has now officially come to an end, and I'd like to take the time here to recap and reflect on what I've achieved over the last three months.
Throughout my work experience I undertook all kinds of work. The traditional writing based projects of media releases, backgrounders and fact sheets, as well as researching potential partners and sponsorship deals.
Towards the end of my placement I began working on a new project using something we've all heard alot about over the last few years; Social Media.
I began inviting friends to join our Global Good Foundation page on facebook, as well as add the cause application where you can hear about current activities, and even donate money to support GGF. So far I have only recruited 4 people to the cause, but I will keep trying! I am aiming to recruit atleast 10 people, and hopefully they will recruit 10 people, and so on. That's the great thing about social media and facebook in particular. All your good work starts snowballing and others catch on.
It's great because even if people don't join they are seeing "Caitlin likes The Global Good Foundation" or "Caitlin joined The Global Good Foundation's Cause" in the news feed. I have over 300 people on my friends list, so this alone assists in getting our name out there.
It's been fun to start using the 'new technology' that is social media, and start spreading the word about GGF in a modern way. A great way to conclude my placement.
Overall my work experience placement with the Global Good Foundation has been very positive, and I have learnt alot. I will be staying on to work with GGF as a volunteer and am looking forward to hitting that 1o recruits mark :)
So for the last time, thanks for supporting me through my placement journey and the best of luck to everyone with your last days and final reports.
Caitlin Harris for the Global Good.
No comments:
Post a Comment