Hey everyone!
This is my fourth week at my placement, The Princess Margaret Hospital Foundation. So far it has been quite an enjoyable experience! It is really exciting to finally put into practice things I have learnt throughout my time at uni.
While on my placement I got to help with the filming of a television advertisment thanking IGA supermarkets for their generous donationto the hospital's diabetes ward that helped fund some insulin pumps.
As my majors at university are journalism and public relations, I have never really been exposed to the 'behind the scenes' of advertising. This was a fantastic experience to see how advertisments are actually filmed. It was also interesting to get everyone else's perspective, from talking to the film crew, the nurses and the marketing department from IGA supermarkets, everyones understands and thoughts differ based on their education backgrounds.
In public relations consultancy, we learnt about sponsorship, and in my opinion this type of sponsorship is so rewarding as it is directly impacting the quality of life for young west australians. Completing my internship at the foundation has been really rewarding. It has been a real 'eye opening' experience to see just how valuable and vital the foundation is for improving the wellbeing of west australian children. From the short time I have been at the foundation, I really feel like I have helped in some way to help the foundation to continue providing its care and support to PMH hospital. I have not only learnt alot from my supervisor but I also feel that my time here has been incredibly rewarding and worthwhile.
4 comments:
i havent come across somebody on internship in a hospital.. how is the experience like??
wow, i am majoring in film and television and pr, and most of the time we are shooting and making movies, documentsries, and it is so much fun, you should try taking ftv as you elective, dont you reckon?? sicne u enjoyed yourself so much....
hey Ashleigh
Congrats on your 4th week of great experiences. I am familiar with what you are saying because I work for Mantissa College Malaysia and it is interesting because we also have to do some adverts for the school and send them to different countries.
About the sponsorship it is worth a while to give money to companies that are interested in the well being of the people and not only does this benefit them by upgrading their reputabution but financially as well. Who would'nt buy in a supermarket that just helped a dying patient? I know I would gladly..lol
I believe you are now ready to finish your studies and join in the bussiness world and wish you all the best....
Congradualtions on your work, it is very important to do something that you like and in a place that you are happy and inspired because
everything that you will do, will be done with great passion and you will actually care less about the extratime you put...
i have learnt that being in the PR field is a fun experience and you even get to explore your hidden talents as you can see that PR is very broad and challenging on its own...i also believe that its very important that you experince all this so that when you graduate you will have knowledge on what to expect when you get a job in the industry, PR is not all about media releases and social sites it goes beyond that, i believe the university only gives us a taste of PR but then when you actually get in the field you find more. it is important to give appreciation to the sponsor so that you can have a good relations with them and maybe in future they will help again by giving back to the community.....
enjoy every minute
Post a Comment