I'm am now into my last week of placement! Last week we all had a great end to the week. We had our American party on Thursday as the team director was celebrating her last day here. The party was great and all went as planned which I was very happy to see. It's great to see the finished product and people enjoying the work that goes into planning an event, even a small and casual one like this was. This is a big reason I really like event coordinating - you get to see the success and join in on some fun! And it was great to see that everyone really did enjoy themselves and Mary - the guest of honor - left the team with a bang!
The Community Relations Team

Table decorations
On Friday morning we had a meeting regarding a evening to be held here at the association for Bill Shorten - a federal politician. I have been placed in charge of organising this event, everything from catering to the running sheet. This is some great exeperience for coordinating a more formal event. I got onto my task quick and made phone calls and emails to order the food and drinks, liase with Kate Doust, the contact for the event from Bill's end. As this event is being organised by both parties, I need to liase with Kate a fair bit in order to combaine the running sheets and what they want out of the event. I am looking forward to this evening on Wednesday night!
Finally I completed an article for one of the Assocaiton employees who recently was involved in a confrence over in Canada. It was a small feature article about Phil Stanly, the senior guide dog instructor here, and about his time in Cananda and what he learnt. This was a fun task and I actually learnt a lot myself. The article is on the website (http://www.guidedogswa.com.wa/) and Phil was pleased with my work which is great feedback for me.
Looking forward to what my last few days have install for me, I hope everyone else is enjoying their placement as much as I am!
Emma
1 comment:
Woow!! everyone is having their last week at the placement.. its me only!! But I hope you had a great time at work and you learned a lot of things which you are going to use in your assignments for the upcoming semester.
Are you now ready to face the outside world now??
Post a Comment