Monday, July 12, 2010

THE ROAD TO SUCCESS IS ALWAYS UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Hello guys.. I am back!! I hope you are enjoying at your work places and coping well than the first week. As for me I am working well with the firm's clients and employees, I am treated like part of the staff. This marks my third week with the Salina & Associates.. the SEO's birthday was in this week and the employees surprised her with a cake which we later ate together then had lunch together. Our relationship with them is getting stronger.. now you understand why I love them!!

Since the beginning of the second week till this one, we have been working very hard for the High 5 cooking session in Shah Alam. We had to photocopy the press release and file them for the media and bloggers. The session was held on the second day of this week and I had a chance to attend as well, I learned something; organizing an event is not bread and butter!! By the time I got home I was exhaus
ted. I had to be available and ready at all times to help and this was when I was a real employee for the firm... lol. We arrived at the place two hours before the event started to help the High 5 employees with the preparations. The media and bloggers still had to be called to remind them and confirm that they are coming. A table was set for them to register and give us their name cards, I was assigned to show them where to sit after registration and give them drinks. They were about 20 altogether.

After all of them arrived there was a video presentation about the history of bread and I had to
lead them for the museum tour with one of the S & A employees. One thing that made me
happy is that they were very cooperative and did everything they were asked to do, for example; for the museum door to be opened, they had to shout 'High 5'. Funny.. isn't it? We also took them to see how High 5 bread is made - from dough till wrapping. They were also given a time to taste High 5 new products. Chef Ismail was waiting for them at the hall to teach them how to prepare simple pizzas and other dishes from a loaf of bread. They were divided into 6 groups (3 people in each) and the winner was given 3 toasters. To thank them for coming, all of them were given packages with High 5 products.

You may be wondering why this session was made.. but the reason behind organizing it was to strengthen media relations with High 5 so that the media will cover it thus raising awareness about the brand. Finally, there is another competitions for this bread brand and everyone is free to enter. All you need is to buy a High 5 product then fill the forms where you bought the product and submit them.. stand a chance to win an Apple i Pad guys!!

Anything you want to know about the competitions? I am here to help, leave a comment and I will shortly attend it.

chao...

Molly Tsima - LUCT

11 comments:

Botsalo Kahiya said...

That Sounds interesting!Like seriously :-)and yes event management is not a joke as u have to always be on stand by and at the same time making sure that all is in place.We had an event last Sunday, and it was not as easy as i imagined, we had to be there hours before and make all the preparation were done(which was also not easy but managed to pull through at the end of the day.Even though we sweat this much, if we weigh it, we are actually benefiting a whole lot!!!!
High 5
&
Good Luck

Godirilwe said...

hey Molly,
i see you are having a blast, big ups in feeling at home with your pr firm because for you guys to be successful you must work as a unit and i can see alot of unity where you are. the CEO is very fortunate to have staff like you guys,who bring love into the working environment. as for the High 5 event i totally agree with you that organizing and implementing an event is no bread and butter. i hope getting a taste of what event management entails has not scared you off but rather ignited the zeal in you of seeing the fruits of your labor. you put in 110% and you just my get 220% back! Pr is interesting

Anonymous said...

It was a great idea to celebrate your leader. They do need all of you by her side, your love and care which shows that you have her back. Sometimes we do neglect the social support we have to give to our leader which hinder them to work with us to their full potential.

For success to come your way you need to work very hard. For example for you to pass your exams you have to study very hard. Success does not come over night. Event management needs a lot of preparation(pre event, event day and post event) which makes it more tiring.

What are your plans for the next event to increase the media attendance?

Bonnie Jones said...

It seems that most of our companies are open to fresh ideas that we have as students.This drives us to work hard towards becoming the best PR practioners of the future.

Molly Tsima said...

Thank you for your encouraging words guys. I believe all of us learn from each other, even if someone has not yet organized any event our experiences may be useful to them. Sweating does not mean anything, it will dry out and sweetness will be given birth.

What I realized is that not only meetings strengthen the relationship among workers but also celebrations like birthdays.

All the best to you too!! :)

Boikanyo Neo Motekwane said...

Give me High 5!!! Hello Molly, at first I thought the High 5 campaign was just for that moment then. I realised at last that it was meant to create awareness for the big event " High 5 cooking session . "Planning such big event wasn't easy, hard work is needed here. I remember we did media followup, asking them whether they received invitations for the event. Oh! it was challenging because some names ( chinese ) were difficult to pronouce, but yes, we managed to call all of them.

Trish said...

Event managing may seem so easy and not complicated, but it needs so much hard work,one mistake your whole event may become a flop! we have been planning our event, switches keep falling off, thus we have to postpone,!!! hey, stress
good luck girl!

Molly Tsima said...

I can see all of us are going to be good businessmen and women. I am much thankful for this internship for indeed it is our eyeopener. Wishing you all the best as well..

Tshono Sendi and Lyah Baithutile said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tshono Sendi and Lyah Baithutile said...

wow Molly i can not help it but read your post over and over again. I love Fun and from your post it shows that you were really having some fun.This somehow shows that being an intern doesnt mean paper cutting boy or girl like other people think.I like the part where you feel like you belong in the company, that's a great felling because somehow your colleagues make you feel that way. For some reason they motivate you and they are the reason you wake up in the morning with a smile because they make you feel like you part of the team.Good relations produces good results in a work place.

kEEP THE SPIRIT AND LET THE DRIVE WORK..all the best

Molly Tsima said...

Saviour.. you seem to have crept through my mind in one of the mornings. You know everyday when I wake up I am so happy and say to myself 'I am going to work again, I am going to learn something new today'. And I am like "wow!.. I am going to see those smiling faces again". I can't stop thinking about them, they indeed make me productive. They are the reason why my gateway to the work industry is wide open and lit.

Thanx to all of you guys.. stay smiling lah!! :)