
Hello once again!
The past week was my fourth week in Bluedale Group of Companies.Well, in terms of tasks I had to complete there was not a lot to do.I had to provide additional information for the website content for the Malaysia Cocoa & Chocolate Day 2010.The event will be on the 15th-17th October 2010 in Midvalley Exhibition Centre, Kuala Lumpur.
It was also an exciting week for the company as their latest Travel 4 Locals latest edition was released, which provide locals with comprehensive information about what to do in and around Klang Valley.(The picture above shows the excerpts from the travel guide).
This week raised an important issue for discussion...Passion. In Bluedale Group of Companies it is amazing to witness their work ethic and energy in doing their work.Then; this raised a conversation with my colleagues about what is the motivation that keeps them going. One of my colleagues said that passion is the motivation behind work, because work alone cannot motivate you to do the best of your ability.However, when you have passion in your job, you give it the best of your ability and it is reflected in your results. This is quite true because there are many challenges to overcome in the industry but when you have passion, it keeps you going. Passion is an important quality if not asset in PR because when you enjoy your work, it will leverage the communication level with all the involved stakeholders.
So what do you think about Passion in the workplace, is it important?
3 comments:
Martin Luther King Jr.,, once said "If a man is called to be a street-sweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, 'Here lived a great street-sweeper who did his job well.'
http://www.selfgrowth.com/articles/Sharma4.html
So why not do the same thing. Do you work your job so that you can pay your bill? I hope no! Don't just feel passionately about your job but be passionate about your job.
Passion is important at workplace as it will help you enjoy your job and to keep you inspired. Trust me if you have passion for your work everything you do will seem easier and fun.
I do agree with you Neo. We do not have to do our work at the placement just because we have to write a report for the next public relations module, it has to come from within. Do it for someone as if you are doing it for yourself.
Chao..
Thank you Mr Badubi for raising such an interesting and important issue. During my first few weeks at work I was having difficulty with my work and when I sat down and analyzed I found that I hated the fact that I woke up early in the morning and came back late which affected even the way I do things in the workplace. I had passion for my work but the fact that it was exhausting killed even the passion for my work. I know had to sit down and analyse things and see what the problem was because I went to a point of being ineffective in the organization. I had to decide whether I revive the passion inside of me or I quit the job. I found reviving the passion as a solution. What I am saying is Passion is the backbone of effectiveness and success in an organization. Please visit my blog I think it will also help as I have written about making my company my heart beat.
Post a Comment