Thursday, September 16, 2010

My internship in Japan

Hi guys!

I have been in Japan for my internship with Colosoul Japan for two weeks now and so far I am starting to see the challenges in working in a non-English speaking environment.

I am starting to see that I need to improve my Japanese language skill considerably in order to operate effectively in a business environment but I am learning along the way.

Colosoul Japan is looking to have their grand opening in Japan very soon so I am here right now doing preparations as well as working on the tasks that are left for me in Perth.

We are a very small team so work has been extremely strenuous and the production speed has been slower than we hope for it to be but we are getting there!

Does anyone have any suggestions for free promotion opportunities?

Your suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Nice to meet you all :)

Cintya

2 comments:

Anne Lee said...

Wow! How i wish to have such a great opportunity like you to learn the business culture and PR practices of a different country. I look forward to your experiences entry.

All the best! =)

Anne Lee

JacintaLS said...

I agree, working in Japan must be both a blast and a challenge!

In terms of 'free promotion opportunities' it would really depend on what sort of promotional avenues suit your Japanese target audience and the sort of thing that Japan allows for in this field.

In Australia, I mean you could always do things like flash mobs, or radio promotions, competitions, guerilla marketing and so on, to get news coverage but since you are in a foreign country it's hard to think of things since I don't usually know what works over there!

I'll be very interested to see what you come up with!