
Note: these were taken after Friday drinks, I may not have been holding the camera steady.
Hi, I am Liam and I am doing my internship at (you guessed it) PPR - and 'I'm Lovin' It' (McDonalds is one of PPR's clients and yes we do get free burgers).
So far it has been most exciting. Lately I have been busying myself with database maintenance - oh and they made me sign something to say I won't steal any of their information so DON'T ASK!
I have been creating a media clippings file for the Perth Fashion Festival - and unfortunately Sarah Pauley, the 'Face of Perth Fashion Festival' (the hottest model in Perth) will not return my calls :(
I have also been updating contact lists (ie stalking journalists).
My main goal at PPR is to get an insight into the workings of both the consultancy and the industry as a whole.
At the moment I am looking for talent to appear in McDonalds stores for McHappy Day. We are contacting sporting types, politicians and minor celebrities (TV personalities, etc). Perth has hundreds of Z list celebrities, so if anyone can help me with contacts please send them my way!P.S. On Monday 20 September, the winners of the PRIA campaign awards were announced. PPR won three. Go PPR!

Source: www.pria.com.au/news/id/1016
Felicity works in the office across from my desk. Nicole and Peter work upstairs. What an awesome bunch of people I work with!
Liam :)

2 comments:
You must be happy working in such a great environment. Its great to be liaising with media & able to see celebrities!
I'm also doing some database management which require alot of staring at the computer.
Hi Liam,
It is great to hear you are loving your internship, it sounds very exciting! I am interning at Tourism WA and the organisation is also a client of PPR. I have done a lot of database maintenance and collecting media clippings etc and although it isn't thrilling PR it has to be done and a good way to see how the media works!
Talking about Perth celebrities, my task the other day was to make a list of celebrities from WA. You will be surprised that we have quite a few celebrities from Perth...Melissa George, Rove, Gemma Ward, Megan Gale are just some of the celebrities from our little city.
I think for McHappy Day, you should contact sporting celebrities from the eagles etc as that will gain interest and attention. Good luck with it!
Ann-Marie :)
Post a Comment