Saturday, October 30, 2010

Swan song (not exactly..)

Dear Interns,

Sadly this will be my last post. I am thankful that Katharina and Rachel have provided a unit such as this to give us the opportunity to have a good feel of what the PR industry is like. I must say that whilst a great deal of what we have learnt at Curtin is relevant, useful and aided me during my internship, what I have learnt from BANG Public Relations has certainly opened my eyes.

Even though this may be my last post, I will be continuing my internship until the end of November. The past few weeks at BANG PR have given me an experience that I will never forget and it has made me seriously consider continuing in this industry in the future. It may be challenging but feeling of being able to see your pitch be published is truly exciting and rewarding.

I must add that one of the few things I learnt during my internship at an agency is that every client that you work for will expect slightly different things. For example, something that will require flexibility are the different styles of writing. Another thing that is also essential is to work as a team; each and every individual in a team is important no matter how small the task may be. I have also learnt the importance of ethical practice and always ensuring my responsibilities are carried out honestly as well as protecting confidential information. And lastly, never doubt your opinions be it voicing it out to your colleagues or your clients.

Well sadly to say I believe this to be the last update and I truly hope that everyone else enjoyed their internship as much as I did.

Good luck to all for the final exams and extremely bright futures!

Alicia Tan
Curtin Singapore

No comments: