Wednesday, November 3, 2010

An Insight to the Japanese Fashion Magazine Industry

Hi again guys!

Today I would like to talk more about fashion and share with you a video I have found online.


The video talks about the Japanese fashion magazine industry and how freebies plays a big role nowadays as not only to promote the magazine but also the brands.

The video is in Japanese but Kirin (the lady that owns the blog) has kindly wrote a translation for non-Japanese speaking readers! So please do have a watch, especially if you love Japanese fashion (like me!).

I'm actually a huge fan of Japanese fashion magazines myself, so I understand the situation of the readers that are featured in the beginning of the video. I think collaboration with famous brands is a good way to promote your magazine as well as create good relationships with industry leaders in the fashion world.

Cintya

1 comment:

DK said...

Hey,

I'm not usually such a fashion fan but after viewing that video, there is certainty something about Japanese fashion!
I do a bit of PR for a few companies and i'm aware the role that freebies plays in the influencing of the consumers..
I guess its hard to come by anything free these days, and if its fun, useful and relevant to the target - and FREE then what could be better.
I think you might suit the Fashion PR industry..!!