Monday, November 8, 2010

It's My Final Post..

Time flies.. It is really hard to believe that the semester has come to its end and today is my last day in Socialite Media yet i will continue working there after my exam. It really terrifies me about the idea of 20 days working experience, however, this internship went so quickly and I actually have learned a lot while working in Socialite Media.

Starting of this internship I did not really enjoy it and felt quite boring because I have to sit in front of the computer for whole day long. Well, Socialite Media is all about social media which needs to use the computer and the internet and I have to accept it. When comes to the end of this internship I realized that I have learned many things from the web and Socialite Media.

Public Relations skills that I gained from the university really applied to the real working world, for examples, techniques for media releases, feature stories, target media, pr strategies plan and so on. All techniques that I have learned are applied in my work experience and now I have improved my speed of writing ability and ways of research. The most enjoyable task I have done so far in Socialite Media is researching. Research on something it is really quite tiring and time consuming, yet, it does increase my knowledge on social media.

What I have learned throughout my working experience in Socialite Media.
Firstly, pr skills that we learned from the uni can be applied to the real working environment but we have a realistic thinking in order to adapt to the needs of the real environment. In class or our assignment, we can think as extravagant as we can but this can not be used in this real world, there are many things to be considered.
Second, think strategically and identify specific target market or target media outlet. I learned this when I am doing target media outlet list for Socialite Media. Not every outlet are suitable for Socialite Media to get its message out there. I have to specifically identify the media outlet, what type of outlet could help, the reason for the selected media outlet and it is suitable for Socialite Media to target them.
Lastly, if you want to learn, you have to be really hardworking. From my personal view, if a person really wants to learn something, he or she must be very hardworking, efficiently and effectively complete the task and hand it on time. If you keep delay the task and there is no new task for you, end up you learn nothing.
After this internship, now I have prepared myself for the future. I hope everyone enjoyed the placement.

All the best to everyone in their future :)

Jessica

No comments: