Tuesday, November 2, 2010

My last blog from the City of Swan!

Hello Bloggers,

Sadly this will be my last blog for what I have found to be an extremely action packed and enjoyable semester. I am so glad that Katharina has provided a unit such as this encouraging us to branch out into the work force to find out what the industry is really like. I must say that whilst a great deal of what we have learnt at university is relevant and aided in my basic knowledge throughout my placement, the real industry experience I gained at the City of Swan is invaluable. I believe a large thank you to both Katharina and Sascha at the City of Swan is in order for having made my placement possible.

This past weekend saw the end of Spring in the Valley for 2010. To have been a part of organising a newly formatted event was something that I found to be truly rewarding and the experience I gained whilst doing so is something I will carry with me in all future career aspirations. Having worked at the City of Swan it has made me seriously consider attempting to seek employment within a similar industry once I graduate, as I found it to be exciting, challenging and fresh; which are all characteristics that I would love for my future job to hold.

I will say one of the main things that I learnt whilst at my placement is that every person and organisation that you work for will expect slightly different things. Something that did take me quite some time to adjust to was Sascha’s writing style; something I think I may have come close to mastering in the final weeks of my placement. A feature article that Sascha was requested to write for Cravings Magazine ended up being a project that I was allocated to work on. The covering to the published feature article can be seen below; something I believe to be evidence of my improving writing skills.



Well sadly to say I believe this to be the last update that I have from my time at the City of Swan. I truly hope that everyone else has enjoyed their placements as much as I have.

Good luck to all for your final exams and extremely bright futures!

Ciao,

Teale!

No comments: