Saturday, January 8, 2011

Life's a beach

After a very hectic end to 2010, I can finally update you all on my internship thus far.

I have now completed six days with Surf Life Saving WA. I have learnt a whole lot and have been more involved in the company than I expected to be.
Like any new experience it can sometimes be daunting and overwhelming and I would be lying if I said I wasn't some what nervous about entering into a unfamiliar workplace and having to build relationships with countless staff members. However, I left the office after my first full day, feeling confident and excited to be working with such supportive and understanding team members. I am helping out in the Surf Sports and Events department and I can now say that I am Excell expert, an accounting guru and a feature story fanatic.
Last week I was offered a paid postion as supervisor for a surf program they have called 'Surf Babies'. I was not expecting this at all but nevertheless was very appreciative and eager to accept and with my love of the ocean how could I pass up an opportunity to work on the beach each weekend?
With summer being the busiest period for Surf Life Saving I am sure to have plenty more updates and stories to share over the next few weeks.
Enjoy your placements!

No comments: