Hi Everyone,
Weeks back, I was told by my consultant to do a presentation on the communications strategy plan which we have developed for a client of ours. I was very happy and excited as this is the first time I am doing a presentation for a real client.
As the presentation date draw nearer, I started feeling uneasy and I told my consultant that I didn’t want to do it as I am worry that this might tarnish the reputation of his company if I didn’t meet the expectation of his client. However, my consultant insists that I have to do it and assure me that there is nothing to be worry about, things will turn out well.
As time is running short, I started writing out my presentation speech, prepare the slides and also consolidated my report for the actual day.
The day have finally arrived, I was very nervous when I started out my 1st slide and there is a few hip ups here and there. Luckily, the committee members are very nice people; they crack a few jokes which lighten up the situation. After a while, I find myself engaging in a discussion with them which made me forget about being nervous. I show them the press release, media kit, fact sheet, flyers, newsletter and website layout draft which I have done for them so far and they are happy about it.
At the end of the discussion, my consultant asked if they are ok with the plan and if there is a need for any revision to be done and the answer is “well done”, I was happy and relief that I did not tarnish my consultant’s reputation at that point of time and am glad that an opportunity was given to me to have a feel of a real life presentation.
Weeks back, I was told by my consultant to do a presentation on the communications strategy plan which we have developed for a client of ours. I was very happy and excited as this is the first time I am doing a presentation for a real client.
As the presentation date draw nearer, I started feeling uneasy and I told my consultant that I didn’t want to do it as I am worry that this might tarnish the reputation of his company if I didn’t meet the expectation of his client. However, my consultant insists that I have to do it and assure me that there is nothing to be worry about, things will turn out well.
As time is running short, I started writing out my presentation speech, prepare the slides and also consolidated my report for the actual day.
The day have finally arrived, I was very nervous when I started out my 1st slide and there is a few hip ups here and there. Luckily, the committee members are very nice people; they crack a few jokes which lighten up the situation. After a while, I find myself engaging in a discussion with them which made me forget about being nervous. I show them the press release, media kit, fact sheet, flyers, newsletter and website layout draft which I have done for them so far and they are happy about it.
At the end of the discussion, my consultant asked if they are ok with the plan and if there is a need for any revision to be done and the answer is “well done”, I was happy and relief that I did not tarnish my consultant’s reputation at that point of time and am glad that an opportunity was given to me to have a feel of a real life presentation.
When it’s time for me to leave, my client gave me a box of biscuit as a gesture of appreciation. Despite the fact that this box of biscuit will probably last me for a week but the encouragement and experience that comes with it will last me for a life time.
2 comments:
It's nice to be given such an opportunity. I've yet to experience it. The clients my internship company handles are mainly retainer accounts, so its more technical, continuing their communications plan. There's an major event which one of the clients are organising coming up in May, and my involvement will increase as the date draws near.
Cheers
Qian Hui
I will be doing a new business presentation soon! Your entry had given me a heads up on how I will be feeling!
Post a Comment