Monday, February 7, 2011

Bittersweet Ending or New Beginning?

Hi all!

This is technically the end of my internship as required by Professional Practice. My time with the consultancy, however, will not end for another month. I would say that this short period of a month has provided me with a better idea of what the ‘real’ PR world is like, and I’m still deciding if this is what I truly want.

These 20 days have been both delightful and excruciating. A kind of love-hate relationship – enjoy some aspects, while others are a pain. Part and parcel of working life, perhaps? I find myself wondering at times, if my experience is skewed towards the working practices of my internship company, or if this is the norm in our industry.

I feel that a month is just too short to determine if PR is really for me. Time will tell, because I intend to just apply myself in this field with an open mind to learn and absorb as much knowledge and experience as I can before making my choice. It’s only fair to myself, and I do enjoy a challenge.

All the best in your future endeavours!

Regards
Kwa Qian Hui
14466104
Curtin Singapore

No comments: