Sunday, February 13, 2011

Where's my time going?

So now that I'm in my second last week here at OPR, getting tasks done and the like, I'm looking at my calendar wondering where all my time is going! Starting out here at the beginning of February and studying my diary, it felt like I would be here forever, but now that deadlines are looming in front of me, I'm feeling slightly perturbed.



So, working away on all my tasks, and one of my major lessons is how important planning is in this environment! Everything should have deadlines, be it semi-drafts, emails to people, approvals by other team members - everything has to be written down and followed. Such a learning curve for me, I don't know about the rest of you but at uni I'm generally just a cruisy person who does things when they crop up, and certainly not planning things so judiciously. It certainly does make me appreciate uni and the easy lifestyle I have going for me right now.



The scale of the Oakajee project can be difficult for some to comprehend, considering the size of Australia to begin with. I've popped in a picture outline just how big the rail line is going to be, and what it's going to connect to.







The rail line itself is going to 570km long, going through a lot of semi-desert, and will be getting a lot of trucks off the mid-west roads. This is a major safety point, as a substantially large number of trucks are on unsealed roads at the moment, and can lead to unsafe circumstances. This incident happened only recently, and with the rail being implemented in the near future, we hope to eliminate this sad affair from happening in the midwest.



http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/perth-truckie-dies-after-desert-trek-in-west-australian-outback/story-e6frg6nf-1225993915150



Anyway, I'm writing this just before we have our weekly PR Comm Team Meeting, so I guess this is the point where I sign off and say "Adios Amigos"!

No comments: