------posted on behalf of Fiona Tan-------------------------
I still remember the intense pressure I felt during the first week of my internship with Robert Bosch (SEA) Pte Ltd – Security Systems Marketing Department. I guess it’s relatively normal as an intern, to feel nervous during the first week of internship due to the fact that I did not know what to expect while at the same time having to adapt quickly to the working etiquette of the organization. Thankfully, I worked with the best bunch of colleagues ever.
I still remember the intense pressure I felt during the first week of my internship with Robert Bosch (SEA) Pte Ltd – Security Systems Marketing Department. I guess it’s relatively normal as an intern, to feel nervous during the first week of internship due to the fact that I did not know what to expect while at the same time having to adapt quickly to the working etiquette of the organization. Thankfully, I worked with the best bunch of colleagues ever.
During the first week, I went through orientation to get exposed to my organization and in particular, my department and its responsibilities. I went through an intensive three-day training on one aspect of my internship job scope – Internal Communications. When my mentor told me that I will be solely managing Robert Bosch’s Asia Pacific Region Website and eNewsletters, I was nervous yet excited as this was quite a big deal to me!
Basically this was what the training covered:
1. Website
· Maintenance of Asia Pacific Region Website
· Assisting 10 countries’ NSOs with their Websites
· Updating of Press Releases
· Broadcasting of new Micro-sites and Product Launches
2. eNewsletter
· Sending out weekly eNewsletters to the entire Robert Bosch (SEA) Pte Ltd (this includes the chairman, vice chairman and all top management!)
· Managing and assisting 10 countries’ NSOs with their eNewsletters
Initially I thought that it would be a piece of cake managing websites and drafting eNewsletters. However, the technology of the online system that is used to manage the websites and eNewletters was a lot more advanced that I imagined! Thankfully with practice, I made it through. I have never worked with so many ‘REAL’ press releases ever so it was really refreshing!
No comments:
Post a Comment