Friday, March 18, 2011

--------------posted of behalf of Fiona Tan-----------------------------------
This week something really interesting happened at work! Usually in school our projects are all based as such that we are pitching to our clients with developed proposals and recommendations. On the contrary, this week my colleague and I were in the position of the ‘client’ and it was an amazing experience.

When my mentor approached me with this project, I was psyched mainly because it involves Bosch venturing into Iphone and Ipad Applications. As we all know that in recent times, Apple Applications and Products have been the talk of the town and so to be involved in to creation process for Bosch’s potential applications via Iphone and Ipad was really something to me.

I still remember during the module ‘Public Relations Consultancy’, we all attended the Client Brief by the Singapore SPCA. But this time, together with another colleague, we were the ones conducting the brief to various potential agencies.

I was extremely nervous, as my mentor had only arranged one discussion/meeting with me to explain the entire concept of this Bosch Iphone/Ipad Applications before he flew off for a business trip. On top of that, the other colleague that was assisting me with the client briefs was not really aware of the full details. However, my colleague and I managed to pull through a couple of client briefs feeling confident!

It really touched my heart, to know that my department trusted me to the extent of letting me get involved with a $15,000 project/account when I was merely an intern. Seems like Robert Bosch does practice empowerment and it felt really good!

My colleague and I then scheduled meetings with the agencies so that they could pitch their proposals/ideas to us in regards to Bosch’s venture into Iphone/Ipad Applications. Everything else from here is generally p&c (private and confidential) so I can’t really share much but all I know is that I took a lot from this project away with me and it feels really good!

No comments: