Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Rewind the first day of internship of 'Getting Acquainted

There was a technical problem or misinterpretation of technological message on the blog on the day I posted the other time, hence, it can be clicked on http://e-novi.blogspot.com/ the sameas the following post but after taking a long period of time weighing it's noted to better be retyped it one more time, this time on the right site on PR 393 Reflective Blog2, instead of my own blog.

.........................


Starting the practical, I was quite excited and nervous as well. And after the first day, I figured out why and how this internship had moved and shaped the way an amateur eye of mine depict the corporate and public relations in terms of practical. I did my internship at IRDA, Iskandar Regional Development Authority located in Johor Bahru, Malaysia. IRDA has a branch in Kuala Lumpur but the company focuses on Johor state, Southern part of Malaysia.

I really think that I should googled, a map of where it is located and the logo of the company to introduce and get you well acquainted of where I'm going to spend my December 1st, 2010- January 31st, 2011.


The map of Iskandar Malaysia(/IRDA) in Johor Bahru

The logo of Iskandar Malaysia or recently known as Iskandar Regional Development Authority, IRDA


Since the first day, I had the sense that I am at the right place and really motivated where I am going to learn more, explore more, which I found it will be a really rollercoaster experience since my assigned supervisor hasn't returned from out of town.

The first Wednesday I stepped my foot and set my intention straight to business, I pictured a hot and cold new practical trainee face. It actually, washed away quickly, as soon as the human resource staff, showed up and gave a really brief and warm welcome.

Even though the first day had long passed, For Your information, I'm on my fourth week now, I found the first impression of the work place and experience will be the most played and remembered long after I finished this internship and a memorable day to share.

How was your first day or week of internship? Don't forget to leave comments, feedback or insights as soon as you read my first blog post :D

Enjoy your first month of internship, people!!!

Illustration References:
Iskandar Malaysia. (2008). Retrieved December 21, 2010, fromhttp://www.tophills.com.my/Maps.aspx

fqemo. (2010). Iskandar Malaysia. Retrieved December 21, 2010 fromhttp://vectorise.net/logo/2010/05/26/iskandar-malaysia/

1 comment:

Kev and Trish said...

Hi, Fitrayanti~
I experienced exactly what you did on the first day of working. I must say that Public Relations field is more than just exciting and nervous to me. The most unforgettable experience during my internship period was the radio interview and from there, I understand how media relations can make a difference. Experiencing and feeling it personally in real life is so different with what we had learnt in class as well as reading from the text books. Anyway, are there any interesting experiences you would like to share?